Jess Bernal, LMFT (He/They) Jess Bernal is an Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health and Head Start/Early Head Start Consultant, and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist who holds a master’s degree in Counseling Psychology and a certification of specialization in Behavior Analysis. They have spent over 15 years working with the birth to five population, specifically focusing on infant and early childhood mental health, neural and social/emotional development, staff and caregiver wellness, and mitigating the long-term effects of early childhood trauma. Jess strives to increase the general understanding of social/emotional development and behavior through a trauma-informed lens, while always staying true to the core values of inclusion, diversity, and social justice. With almost a decade of experience working within the Mental Health and Disabilities content areas of both Head Start and Early Head Start programs, Jess offers a variety of training and consultative services to ensure that Head Start and Early Head Start grantees are not only meeting program requirements but thriving in their support to children and families with mental health and disability needs. Services may include:
• Popular training topics: Staff Wellness and Self-Care, 0-5 Brain Development, Managing Challenging Behaviors, Trauma Informed Care, Supporting Parents and Caregivers of Children with Special Needs, Creating Inclusive Classrooms for Diverse Learning, Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Reflective Supervision
• Mental health and disabilities performance standards evaluation, systems organization, and policy and procedure review
• Wellness Promotion evaluation, implementation, and support (1302.45 a, 1-4)
• Mental Health Consultant evaluation, implementation, and support (1302.45 b, 1-6)
• Additional services for children evaluation, implementation, and support (1302.61)
I have been to management workshops, not leadership training. This has totally changed my perspective and encouraged me to propel forward in developing my skills.
I am honored and humbled to be a recipient of the Region 9 Head Start Association’s Legacy Scholarship. The scholarship helped me get one step closer to achieving my goal of becoming a Head Start Director.
I took part in The disproportionate impact of COVID 19, and how to provide “real” support for black/brown children and families and I just want to say this was an amazing webinar. I hope we can look forward to further conversation on this topic.
Thank you so much for making events like this! I really enjoyed and learned so much teaching strategies to implement STEM in the classroom.
The HR Network was an excellent opportunity to network and learn the best practices from other HR professionals within Head Start programs. You will be amazed by the level of talent and experience of the participants.
The Summer Camp training was powerful and inspiring! Each presenter was very engaging, it’s hard to even pick a favorite session!
The Leadership Challenge training was very relevant to my work as a Head Start leader! Great facilitation; stayed with the program yet allowed time for individual and small group reflections.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.